Friday, September 21, 2012

Dear Mr. Sutter, why must you play with our emotions? **WARNING: SPOILERS**


Yesterday, Kurt Sutter tweeted a link to an Entertainment Weekly article (thank you Amanda for pointing it out to me) that had me OH NO-ing out loud.  Since the posting, Sutter again tweeted the link to the article and this morning tweeted “this is happening…I suggest you show up or twitter will spoil.” 




Speaking of spoilers—if you don’t want to know any more


STOP READING HERE!!!


**SPOILER ALERT**


Season 5 is off to a killer start….literally.  To give you all the cliff notes version, the EW article states that “in Tuesday’s [September 25] episode, a very important person within the SAMCRO family will die.”  The article did not say which character will be leaving us, but did give a list of six possibilities.  Unser, Tig, Clay, Juice, Opie, and Tara. 

Several SOA fan sites have been buzzing with this news and have created polls to see who fans think will meet their end.  So of course this got me thinking….will it be the obvious choice or will it be something that is going to totally blow the minds of viewers?

Here is my thought and the “logic” behind it (from the way I would write it if I were Sutter)

It won’t be:

Unser: He is just starting his personal investigation into the Charming break-ins. It is too soon to have him killed. However, I can see him not making it through the season.

Clay: There would be little controversy on the show without Clay Morrow.  By now, most of you know that it is the newest members of SAMCRO who have actually broken into the homes and that they stole a safe from the Morrow residence containing birth certificates and other documents.  What is Clay hiding?

Juice: Various characters keep mentioning RICO.  Romero mentioned to Jax that someone on the inside must have been feeding info to the Feds.  Roosevelt has made mention of it to Juice.  I don’t think this storyline has played out enough for Juice to be the one to go.

Tara:  The brand new Mrs. Teller has too much going on.  The chemistry between her and Gemma is just getting good!  And let’s not forget Jax’s junkie ex, Wendy who made an appearance late in last season.  Wendy is a feisty b***h and won’t give up her fight to see able so easily.  Then there is the upcoming couple episode stint of Ashley Tisdale. Photos that I have seen from the filming of her episodes have her riding on the back of Jax’s bike.  Jax may be a “tough” biker, but I think if Tara died he would be wrecked and would not be out gallivanting with Tisdale’s character.

Tig: He is actually my second choice of who it might be.  After everything he has gone through in the first two episodes.  But I still don’t think it is him.

That leaves us with:

Opie: Sadly, I think it is going to be Opie.  I think something is going to go horribly wrong in that jail and he is going to die defending his best friend.


Whether I am right or wrong, I truly don’t want to see any of the characters go. And who knows, maybe it will be someone not on the list.  Maybe the list given to EW was just a ploy to throw everyone off.  But, as Sutter said…this is happening. Guess we’re just going to have to wait and see.

I don’t think there is one character on this show (good or bad) that I don’t love in one way or another...it's really rare to find that on TV these days...all I know is I just added Kleenex (the BIG box) to my grocery list!



You can read the Entertainment Weekly article here:

No comments:

Post a Comment