Thursday, September 20, 2012

Welcome To The Pee Pee Zone...


Imagine if you will, a highway….a seemingly normal looking highway, yet something is just not right.  Two cars and one U-haul travel together down this road.  Their intention: to get past Richmond, VA.  But little do they know, they are about to enter into…..The PeePee Zone.

My family and close friends will tell you that I have to pee…a lot…and usually at the most inopportune moments.  In this particular case, we were doing the 1000 mile drive from Orlando to Pennsylvania.  It was the second day.  Everyone was tired and cranky.  We made a gas, drink, and pee stop somewhere in rural Virginia.  My drink of choice?  Starbucks Double Shot…..wrong choice! 

I don’t think we were back on the road more than thirty minutes when the urge hit me.  I tried to fight it.  We were nearing the city of Richmond and I knew that making a pit stop was not an option.  I squirmed uncomfortably in my driver’s seat.  Then I knew it was inevitable….pee was going to happen; my bladder hurt worse than when I had my ultrasound during pregnancy. I called my mom who was in the car ahead of me to let her know that we HAD to stop.  No, I could not hold it.  No, we could not get off at an exit and hope to find a bathroom.  We had to stop NOW! 

So she pulled over on the side of I-95 and I jumped out of the car. Luckily, growing up in South Jersey taught me how to pee anywhere! So I opened both passenger side doors in order to shield my family from witnessing my act.  I am lucky that I got my shorts down in time.  Ahhhhh, so much better…..but wait.....NO TOILET PAPER!  NO PAPER TOWEL!  NO NAPKIN!  Drip dry it is! 



Although peeing on the side of the road on a major highway is not the weirdest place I have pee’d (y’all are just going to have to continue following this blog to hear that one), it is a memory that my family still jokes about today! 

My question to you dear readers and friends:  Where is the weirdest place you have pee’d?

No comments:

Post a Comment